Localization World Paris
Building on the success of eighteen previous conferences, Localization World comes to Paris, France, on 4-6 June 2012. All conference sessions will take place at Le Palais des Congrès de Paris, 2 Place de la Porte Maillot.
Localization World Paris will offer seven tracks of valuable sessions:
- Global Business: Experienced business people provide practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Global Web: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: An introductory track for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- Advanced Localization Management: This track, the heart of Localization World, continues to provide the latest information on trends, processes, technologies and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Inside Track: Special format sessions for deepening understanding of select topics and sessions that stimulate collaboration and community.
- Translation Automation: As technology develops and matures, there are increasingly more uses for translation automation. This track explores where and how those uses best fit in to real-world practices.
- tcworld Technical Communication: Sessions in this track will educate technical communicators on the importance of standardization, training, change management and the expansion of technical communication.
Who should attend:
Conference sessions are geared toward professionals seeking to learn about new tools, methods and business practices in the areas of localization and internationalization. People new to localization will benefit from the Global Business Best Practices and the Localization Core Competencies tracks as well as the informative exhibition area. Networking and mutual problem discussion opportunities will abound at the social gatherings, meals and break periods. Exhibitors will be present to provide information about their products and services to all levels of attendees.
Content. The Localization World program follows the precedent set in previous conferences, offering a variety of high-caliber presentations and panel discussions strong on content and short on sales pitches. Organized by a committee of industry experts, the program is a worthwhile assortment of sessions with valuable takeaways for the attendees.
Networking. Localization World is organized to give plenty of opportunities to gather with fellow professionals, whether it is in the exhibit area, between sessions or at a social gathering.
Pricing. The conference is reasonably priced with discounts for early registration, options for one-day attendance and affordable accommodations.
Location. The conference will take place at Le Palais des Congrès de Paris, 2 Place de la Porte Maillot. Therecommended hotel is Hotel Concorde La Fayette.
Preconference Offerings. In addition to the two-day main conference, there is an optional preconference day of round table discussions, hands-on workshops and focused sessions.