Reaching the Mobile World
From laptops to tablets to phones, the world is increasingly connected, and that connection is mobile. Tablets merge high-quality display capabilities with convenient portability. Paper boarding passes are replaced with displays on cell phones. Communications in emerging markets bypass traditional modes and use MMS to quickly spread the news. Where does localization fit in all this? How does a company enter new markets in new mediums?
For Localization World Seattle 2012, we are looking for proposals that address issues in reaching the international mobile market. Whether the topic is business decisions driving a move to mobile, general communication issues, application development, games, content management, brand integrity on mobile devices, we’d like to hear your story.
The theme is not meant to restrict the content of the conference. We encourage presenters to submit proposals that fit with the general taxonomy of the Localization World conferences.
Localization World offers distinct tracks and an attractive preconference program:
• Global Business
• Global Web
• Translation Automation
• Localization Core Competencies
• Advanced Localization Management
• Inside Track
• In-depth workshops and sessions on the preconference day
Please submit your presentation online.
Proposal submission deadline: Noon Pacific time, April 16, 2012
Notification of accepted proposals: June 26-July 10, 2012
Final presentation due: October 3, 2012
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the benefits to being a speaker or panelist at Localization World?
- Speaking at Localization World puts you at the forefront of the biggest localization event in the world. You have the opportunity to speak as a leader to your peers at the premier event for global business know-how.
- In addition, all speakers and panelists are entitled to FREE admission to the conference on the day of their session or 50% off the full conference rate.
- New this year! All speakers will have access to a special “Speakers Lounge” where you can relax, plug in and unwind.
Who decides which proposals are selected?
- All proposals submitted will be reviewed and evaluated by the Localization World Program Committee.
How can I improve my chances of being selected as a speaker?
- The Program Committee gives preference to presentations that contain fresh material and have not been recently presented at other events.
- If you are a vendor, submit a proposal that includes a client.
- Please make sure that you have permission and funding to attend the conference prior to submitting your proposal.