WATCH THIS SPACE! Sign up for e-mail notification when the site is updated.
Localization World Barcelona
Building on the success of sixteen previous conferences, Localization World comes to Barcelona, Spain, on June 14-16, 2011.
Conference Theme: Innovation
Innovation is not for the faint of heart. The term has a desirable and exciting ring, but, beware, innovation frequently arrives in the guise of a sudden crisis, an economic downturn, a boneheaded coworker, an irate customer, or a disruptive technology. Usually, only by hindsight can we see that the events that forced our hand led to innovation.
Often innovation is driven by people or companies from outside an industry. The big stakeholders resist it and prefer to stick with established practices.
Sometimes change is mistaken for innovation. However, change is only innovation if it leads to improvements. If it doesn’t, it is only change.
For Localization World Barcelona 2011 and Silicon Valley 2011, we are featuring sessions that show innovation in all its forms at work: forced, accidental or even "planned," if such a thing exists.
In light of that, we are offering five distinct tracks:
- Global Business Best Practices: Experienced business people provide practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Managing Global Websites: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: An introductory track for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- Advanced Localization Management: This track, the heart of Localization World, continues to provide the latest information on trends, processes, technologies and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Inside Track: Special format sessions for deepening understanding of select topics and sessions that stimulate collaboration and community.
Who should attend:
Conference sessions are geared towards professionals seeking to learn about new tools, methods and business practices in the areas of localization and internationalization. People new to localization will benefit from the Global Business Best Practices and the Localization Core Competencies tracks as well as the informative exhibition area. Networking and mutual problem discussion opportunities will abound at the social gatherings, meals and break periods. Exhibitors will be present to provide information about their products and services to all levels of attendees.
Content. The Localization World program follows the precedent set in previous conferences, offering a variety of high-caliber presentations and panel discussions strong on content and short on sales pitches. Organized by a committee of industry experts, the program is a worthwhile assortment of sessions with valuable takeaways for the attendees.
Networking. Localization World is organized to give plenty of opportunities to gather with fellow professionals, whether it be at the exhibit area, between sessions, or at a social gathering.
Pricing. The conference is reasonably priced, with discounts for early registration, options for one-day attendance and affordable accommodations.
Location. The entire conference will take place at the Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia.
Preconference Offerings. In addition to the two-day main conference, there is an optional preconference day of round table discussions, hands-on workshops and focused sessions.