WATCH THIS SPACE! Sign up for e-mail notification when the site is updated.
Localization World Seattle
Building on the success of fifteen previous conferences, Localization World comes to Seattle, Washington, on October 6-8, 2010.
Conference Theme: Know-how for Global Success
In recognition of the fact that localization is not an end in itself, but just one critical step in a company’s progression from domestic to global enterprise, we are looking for presentations that provide expertise and experiences from the entire spectrum of that challenging, but fascinating journey.
In light of that, we are offering five distinct tracks:
- Global Business Best Practices: Experienced business people provide practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- Managing Global Websites: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- Localization Core Competencies: An introductory track for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- Advanced Localization Management: This track, the heart of Localization World, continues to provide the latest information on trends, processes, technologies and influences that shape the world of localization.
- Inside Track: Special format sessions for deepening understanding of select topics and sessions that stimulate collaboration and community.
Who should attend:
Conference sessions are geared towards professionals seeking to learn about new tools, methods and business practices in the areas of localization and internationalization. People new to localization will benefit from the Global Business Best Practices and the Localization Core Competencies tracks as well as the informative exhibition area. Networking and mutual problem discussion opportunities will abound at the social gatherings, meals and break periods. Exhibitors will be present to provide information about their products and services to all levels of attendees.
Content. The Localization World program follows the precedent set in previous conferences, offering a variety of high-caliber presentations and panel discussions strong on content and short on sales pitches. Organized by a committee of industry experts, the program is a worthwhile assortment of sessions with valuable takeaways for the attendees.
Networking. Localization World is organized to give plenty of opportunities to gather with fellow professionals, whether it be at the exhibit area, between sessions, or at a social gathering.
Pricing. The conference is reasonably priced, with discounts for early registration, options for one-day attendance and affordable accommodations.
Location. More information coming soon.
Preconference Offerings. In addition to the two-day main conference, there is an optional preconference day of round table discussions, hands-on workshops and focused sessions.